Job Title: Designer Officer
Category: Creative / Graphics / Designing
Sub Category: • Prepress design • Graphic art/ Illustration • Other
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Mid
Preferred Experience: 2 Years of Experience
No. of Vacancies: 1
- S/he will assist Production Manager in the ongoing book publication.
- S/he will be layout and design of children pictorial and non children books.
- S/he must be creative to develop new concept for book cover and other designs.
- Including book s/he should designs poster, flex leaflet, brochures and other required materials.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrated material.
- Mark up, paste and assemble final layout for printer.
- Create design, concepts and sample layout.
- Layout and designing of pictorial book, comic, magazine.
- Re- Layout and Designing of published books.
- Creative in book cover designing for new project.
- Design flex, Brochure or other required materials for program.
- Design other materials for outsource
- Develop branding concepts while design for now products
- To be able to take suggestions and comments from clients and other team members positively.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience on prepress.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Nepali(Typing/speaking) and English.
- Should be able to operate in design, Separation, Photoshop, and Illustrator independently.
- Experience in Pre-press designing.
- Experience in Layout and Designing of Publication.
- Good knowledge and understanding of publication.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Experience in developing books and designs
Job Title: Sales Officer
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Category: Sales and Marketing
Sub Category: Sales/ Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Entry
Preferred Experience: Fresher can apply but preferred experience of 1 year in related field
No. of Vacancies: 3
- Sales officer is mid level job. S/he is responsible to help marketing manager to formulate organizational sales strategies and implement to achieve the goals and results.
- S/he will help as a Marketing manager to achieving organizational financial objective and targets.
- S/he should visit different schools and other private companies for sale and talk about improving reading culture and should target numbers of schools/ private companies to visit in a day, week, months and so on which will end out in increased sales.
- S/he should visit pre primary schools/ montessoris, build a network and be able to sell our different packages and programs.
- S/he should have sound understanding of customers, their needs and demands and address them accordingly.
- S/he should identify new book sales and promotion strategy for books and implement it and achieve its goals.
- S/he should develop and maintain professional relations with the clients and different stakeholders.
- Conduct frequent market research to develop new sales strategies.
- Frequent visit to inside and outside valley for identify new sales areas and check out the status of the existing ones.
- Visit to book stores, stationeries explore, identify and build network where we will be able to place our books.
- Participation in book and other exhibitions / fairs for sales and promotion of the books,
- Identify and tie ups with line agencies and build networks with other publications and maintain the relations.
- Frequent visit at book stores, distributors and other publishers for book refills etc
- Set up monthly, annually target and achieve it.
- S/he will report weekly to Marketing manager.
- At least Bachelor degree in Management
- Sound communication skills
- Sound computer skills especially word, excel, internet
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated Cvs via firstname.lastname@example.org within 5th November, 2017
Kathalaya established in 2007 is focused in developing reading culture among children. It has provided its service to more than 2.5 million children in more than 8000 schools of Nepal. Kathalaya has grown from small organization and currently it has 40 regular and 30 additional indirect team working under its umbrella. It has published more than 300 titles locally and in partnership with International publishers. Kathalaya has been successfully acquired children titles right from renowned International publishers such as Scholastic, Usborn, Gyldendal, Hachet UK, Viking US and many more.
It has been working in developing reading culture, library establishment, children literature promotion as well as capacity building of authors, illustrators and editors. It has also started WeRead mobile app for Anroid and iOS to promote Nepalese book Worldwide. The team is working on Amazon Kindle device. It has started selling books in International platforms like Amazon and Kobo.