Job Title: Designer Officer
Category: Creative / Graphics / Designing
Sub Category: • Prepress design • Graphic art/ Illustration • Other
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Mid
Preferred Experience: 2 Years of Experience
No. of Vacancies: 1
- S/he will assist Production Manager in the ongoing book publication.
- S/he will be layout and design of children pictorial and non children books.
- S/he must be creative to develop new concept for book cover and other designs.
- Including book s/he should designs poster, flex leaflet, brochures and other required materials.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrated material.
- Mark up, paste and assemble final layout for printer.
- Create design, concepts and sample layout.
- Layout and designing of pictorial book, comic, magazine.
- Re- Layout and Designing of published books.
- Creative in book cover designing for new project.
- Design flex, Brochure or other required materials for program.
- Design other materials for outsource
- Develop branding concepts while design for now products
- To be able to take suggestions and comments from clients and other team members positively.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience on prepress.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Nepali(Typing/speaking) and English.
- Should be able to operate in design, Separation, Photoshop, and Illustrator independently.
- Experience in Pre-press designing.
- Experience in Layout and Designing of Publication.
- Good knowledge and understanding of publication.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Experience in developing books and designs
Kathalaya established in 2007 is focused in developing reading culture among children. It has provided its service to more than 2.5 million children in more than 8000 schools of Nepal. Kathalaya has grown from small organization and currently it has 40 regular and 30 additional indirect team working under its umbrella. It has published more than 300 titles locally and in partnership with International publishers. Kathalaya has been successfully acquired children titles right from renowned International publishers such as Scholastic, Usborn, Gyldendal, Hachet UK, Viking US and many more.
It has been working in developing reading culture, library establishment, children literature promotion as well as capacity building of authors, illustrators and editors. It has also started WeRead mobile app for Anroid and iOS to promote Nepalese book Worldwide. The team is working on Amazon Kindle device. It has started selling books in International platforms like Amazon and Kobo.